No kidding. Of course it was illegal to the British. That’s why we kicked their butts back across the pond.
The Declaration of Independence was “illegal” and “treasonable,” according to a team of British lawyers, the BBC reports.
The assertion was made at a debate in Philadelphia between British and American lawyers over the legitimacy of the United States of America.
At the debate, pitting British barristers against American attorneys, lawyers for the former colonial power argued that America’s Declaration of Independence in 1776 “was not only illegal, but actually treasonable,” according to the BBC.
Suck it Redcoat!
- Declaration of Independence Was ‘Illegal,’ Grounds for Treason, British Lawyers Say ” ~ BLOGGER.GUNNY.G.1984+ ~ (BLOG & EMAIL) (madashelland.wordpress.com)
- Declaration of Independence Was ‘Illegal,’ Grounds for Treason, British Lawyers Say (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Brits Argue America’s Declaration of Independence Illegal (rogueoperator.wordpress.com)
- Is America’s Declaration of Independence illegal? (wallacegsmith.wordpress.com)
- Britain- BBC Still Wants To Own The U.S.A. – “Is the US Declaration of Independence illegal?” (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)