The Nazis and Communists protesting capitalism right now have used a perverted definition of capitalism to justify their cause. True capitalism is moral and good. A few bad eggs abusing capitalism’s true philosophy should not be confused with what true capitalism is.
This perversion of authentic capitalistic principles is often called ‘crapitalism.’
Below are a few videos that defend capitalism for it’s true principles, and identify why greed is, in fact, good.
First, Milton Friedman
Second, Ayn Rand
Third, Gene Epstein
Finally, the great Gordon Gekko
Two parting questions for supporters of the ‘occupy’ protests.
They’ve raised $300,000 that is being kept in a bank account. What do you think will happen to that money? I doubt the protesters will see much, if any, of it.
And … is it not greed to demand fruits of another’s labor to better your situation?
- The Failure of Crony Capitalism (Henceforth Known as “CRAPitalism”): Q&A with Gene Epstein (reason.com)
- Milton Friedman (July 31, 1912 – November 16, 2006) was an American economist, statistician, academic, and author who taught at the University of Chicago for more than three decades. He was a recipient of the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences. Fr (guapotg.wordpress.com)
- What is Capitalism? (capitalisthistory.wordpress.com)
- Pick your “ism”: Capitalism vs. CRAPitalism (ppjg.wordpress.com)
- Is Modern Capitalism Still Relevant? (firstcapricorn.wordpress.com)
- Occupy, and Worshipping an Ideology (johz.wordpress.com)