A few things I’d like everyone to keep in mind while this all unfolds:
- No evidence so far has been released that shows sexual harassment, and certainly nothing criminal has been alleged. All allegations so far have been of simple flirtation, or common proposition. It’s only sexual harassment if the perpetrator knows the advances are unwanted, but continues anyway. At worst, Cain propositioned women he was interested in, and did not pursue when rebuffed.
- Why hasn’t there been any allegations against Cain from his life before or after the National Restaurant Association? A serial sexual harasser should have a long line of allegations not confined to a single time-frame.
- Women have been known to proposition potential employers. When their advances are denied, they have alleged sexual harassment. Not saying that is happening with this fourth woman, but it is a well documented common occurrence.
- The stories being told about these allegations are weird, and don’t pass most people’s smell tests.
- Cain is innocent until proven otherwise.
Karen Kraushaar currently serves as a communications director at the Inspector General’s Office of the Treasury Department, a position she has held since last year.
- Woman to Talk About Herman Cain’s Alleged Sexual Harassment (blogs.wsj.com)
- Woman To Go Public Today Over Herman Cain Sexual Harassment Allegations (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Drudge implies Obama behind latest Cain accusation (atlmalcontent.wordpress.com)